Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Last few days in NYC


Sept 11th, 2007 10:45PM



A few days left in New York to get it all together. Yesterday I was shooting a job out in New Jersey and things went really well, just want to thank everyone who was there and helped make it all happen.

So, the trip. Leaving Friday morning, 14 hours nonstop to Tokyo, layover for a few hours, then 3 1/2 more hours to Taipei. I'll arrive Saturday evening and stay until the 14th of October.

If your reading this blog you have already heard why I'm headed over, (I'm really good at blabbering about my life to just about anyone I know) I'm not going to re-hash it here.

Little tid-bits about planning the trip:

Taiwan allows you to visit them for up to 30 days without paying for a tourist Visa, just get on a plane and go, I'll be staying 29 days.

US Dept of State says to plan for a trip to Taiwan as you would for any trip within the US, meaning that Taiwan is fairly safe, well developed, and your likely hood to catch some crazy disease is pretty minimal.

American Airlines gives you a trip to Taiwan in exchange for 70,000 frequent flier miles.

Dragging a bicycle to Taiwan will set you back $86 each way. Dragging an extra bag to Taiwan will cost $86 each way. Having a bag that is overweight (more than 50 lbs) but less than 70 lbs sets you back only $25 more. The bike becomes one checked bag, I'll try to stuff everything else in the second checked bag and keep it below 70 lbs. Hopefully all this information does not change when I'm actually checking in.

I purchased a few movies on Itunes, thinking that playing a movie off the harddrive would be lighter on the battery usage than playing a DVD.. I think that makes sense, maybe...

Taiwan is really the other side of the planet, 12 hour time difference, they are ahead of NYC by 12 hours.

I'll post some more little tid bits as this whole thing goes along..

Much more to come.

No comments: