Monday, September 24, 2007

Appliance tid bits..

Just a few more observations.. this time from around the apartment.

Off the kitchen she has a bit of a small laundry/utility room, the laundry machine is one of those combination all in one washer/dryer units.. throw the laundry in and it's washed then dryed.. great little unit... makes me long for laundry machine in my own place.

Above the sink is a unit about twice the size of a microwave oven, it's a dish drying appliance, apparently quite common here, you load your dishes in after washing them (no dish washer here) and turn it on and it dries the dishes for you.

Next to the toaster oven is a nifty device, sort of a large thermos looking thing with a spout, and a control panel, it's like a mini hot water heater, press a button and you get hot water for your tea..

No oven here, not really anyway... very little asian cooking requires an oven so why have one.. all you need is a stovetop with a couple of burners..

last but not least... every use of the kitchen becomes a bit of an adventure for me as all the appliance dials and buttons are labeled in chinese.. including the washing machine... I'm pretty sure I baked my bread this morning instead of toasting it when I made breakfast.

1 comment:

Ber Murphy said...

Once you didn't fry your underwareI think you did just great